I’m a technology entrepreneur in Boston and am currently with Google where I am an engineering manager on the Google Cloud Platform. You can read about my professional escapades if you dare.
In the past, I’ve worked as a software engineer, technology strategy consultant, data security consultant, sysadmin and architect at big fancy companies and teeny little startups that tried hard but never made it. I’m on an advisory panel with Linux Journal magazine and also have been a technology advisor to PRX since inception.
I’ve worked with technology for a long time and I love it. I never get bored with it. I like to create.
I like to travel and listen to music. I’m married to someone wonderful and we have two children. We live in Arlington, Massachusetts in the US.
As you may expect, the opinions I express on my personal blog are my own. I speak for nobody but myself on these pages.
Things you should know about me:
- I enjoy a nice walk after dinner.
- I eat slowly. I read slowly. It’s just that way.
- I hate bureaucracy and have developed advanced next-level skills for avoiding most forms of it.
- I reject technology that creates unaccountable centralized authorities.
- I have an insatiable appetite for new music.
- I want to play guitar very badly. Actually, I do play it very badly. I want to play it very well.
- I appreciate honesty.
- I am not a morning person, no matter how much I wish I was.
- I like to learn.
- I will get on a plane and go somewhere new in a heartbeat.
- I’m not obstinate, I’m persistent.
- I buy a lot of shoes.